Pool Code of Conduct
- Children at the pool must be respectful of lifeguards and other patrons at all times.
- Children entering grade 3 and under may not attend the pool unless they are under the direct supervision of someone 12 years or older.
- No patron may enter the guard office without the permission and accompaniment of a lifeguard.
- Due to chemical and electrical hazards, patrons may not enter the pump room at any time.
- Children are not to play by the barbecues and shed at any time.
- Climbing the fences around the pool enclosure or at the tennis courts is prohibited.
- Children may not climb the basketball net for any reason.
- No diving without the permission of the lifeguards.
- Children must pass a swim test which consists of two widths of the pool before being permitted to enter the deep-end.
- No running on the deck.
- No flips, spins, or cartwheel-style jumps into the pool.
- Consumption of all ice cream and other snacks should occur on the grass.
- Patrons may not chew gum or eat food in the pool.
- Pets, roller blades, bicycles, scooters, and skateboards are to be left outside of the pool enclosure.
- Children wearing floatation devices (e.g., water wings), must be within arms' reach of an adult.
- Children who are not toilet-trained must wear a swim diaper (disposable or washable) that is snug around the legs.
- Lifeguards can ask a patron to stop any behaviour that:
- compromises the safety of the individual or others attending the pool.
- is destructive to the property.
- is a nuisance to other members who are using the facilities.
Lifeguards reserve the right to suspend children from the pool if they fail to adhere to this code. Children will receive three warnings
before any suspension occurs. Should a child receive three warnings and it is determined that he or she must leave the facility, the child
will be sent home with a form outlining the problem that occurred and the consequences. This form will need to be signed and returned by a
parent before the child will be permitted to return to the pool.
Unscheduled Pool Closure
- If the air temperature drops below 14°C, the pool will close/not open.
- If the black disc is not visible, the pool will close/not open.
- If thunder is heard, patrons must wait 20 minutes from the last sound of thunder before entering the water. If thunder is not expected to stop, the pool may be closed for the remainder of the day.