BSHA Junior Tennis Lessons for 2012
Click here for a printable version.
Please note: tennis lessons are in the afternoon to allow juniors to participate in swimming and Arts & Crafts changes - no charge for Beechwood South families. We are pleased that Mark Gaskin will our tennis instructor and coach for 2012. Mark has OTA Instructor Level I certification and uses progressive tennis instruction.
Programme session: July 2 - August 3
Instructor: Mark Gaskin
Times and Age classes:
- 1:00 pm - 1:30 Ages 6 - 7 years (Focus: fitness and coordination)
- 1:30 pm - 2:00 Ages 8 -10 years (Focus: forehand & backhand; racquet - eye coordination)
- 2:00 pm -3:00 Ages 11-12 years (Focus: perfecting strokes and serve + Game strategy)
- 3:00 pm - 4:00 Ages 13-14 years (Focus: Volleying and serve strategy + doubles game strategy)
- If you are too advanced for your age group, Mark may move you to another category.
- All lessons will be held at the Beechwood South Tennis Centre.
- All participants MUST wear tennis shoes.
- Please bring your own racquet. Tennis balls provided for lessons.
- Bring water every day - it gets HOT.
- Wearing a hat is highly recommended.
- Please be on time as the instructor may have a problem fitting you in on sessions already started.
Thanks for your help, BSHA Tennis Coordinator.